Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Quiet Place




For those who do not spend a lot of time in the woods, you are missing out on such an experience! At least once a year, I try to get out into the woods before dawn. This year so far, I have been fortunate to experience three times. So what do I experience?

Last week while sitting up a tree, I saw two granddaddy long legs procreate. You know that they must procreate but have you ever thought on how they do it? I certainly never have. I can share with you that it is a delicate dance that they do and then they just join together.

I also was fortunate to experience a squirrel climb past me on the back side of the tree while I was sitting on the front side. He climbed up past me above my head and began picking out acorns. Eating them while sitting on a branch and dropping the shells on my head. Now how many people have experienced that?

For me, getting out and sitting quietly in nature reminds me that I am not the world. I am part of an intricate world that interacts from the smallest to the largest. It amazes my how my Creator created everything around me and each thing has a purpose here on earth, including me.
If you ever have a chance to get out in the woods and sit still, please take the opportunity. You see so much more than when hiking or walking out in nature. You really see how the things in this world our dependent on each other.

No comments: