Monday, March 31, 2008

I'm not my brother's keeper....am I?

Split rail fencingImage from WikipediaI have noticed that Leon, our newest cat, has become Seamus's keeper. This morning, I let Seamus out into our back yard. Our yard is a fairly good sized yard and is fenced in. We used to let Seamus wander our entire property without being fenced in, but now he has gotten so much older. We have coyotes in the subdivision and many of our neighbors let their dogs roam the neighborhood. The dogs have begun packing up and I am afraid for Seamus's life.

This morning, after twenty minutes, I opened up the back door to look for Seamus. I could not find him. Leon was at the back door so I asked him to go find Seamus. I let him out and proceeded to fix my breakfast. I few minutes later, I saw Seamus in the far corner with Leon on his tail. Seamus proceeded to the garden and went through the gate. We have a 10 foot fence around our garden plot to prevent the deer from eating the fruits of our labor. Seamus was doing his business and Leon was right with him. Seamus began to run back to the door with Leon following right on his tail. It was one of the funniest things I have ever seen. So, I do say Leon is Seamus's keeper!!

No comments: