Wednesday, April 2, 2008

What have I been doing on vacation



O.k., today is day three of my vacation. Monday night, Paul and I went to the woods to roost a turkey. Unfortunately for me, we got back late and I woofed down dinner. It made me sick so I didn't go turkey hunting. Paul and one of his hunting buddies went back to where we roosted a turkey but did not have any success.

Tuesday afternoon, we went fishing. It has been cold so the water temperature was very cold. The clouds had lifted by 3:30 p.m. but alas, the fishing was not great. I caught a little bream but nothing else.

Today, we got up at 5:30 a.m.! That's earlier than I get up to go to work. (Am I crazy or what!) We hooted a couple of times and heard a turkey way back in the woods. We began to walk and as we got closer we discovered that there were two gobblers. Paul got so excited he wanted to walk faster. Just like a little boy on Christmas morning. We continued to walk deeper into the woods, but alas they went over the ridge following the several hens we heard. Oh well, maybe tomorrow!

I got back home to take a shower. Leon decided to come in while I showered. After finishing washing, I opened the shower curtain. Leon came bounding over and landed in the bathtub. He was soaked by the time he climbed back out.

No comments: