Monday, September 14, 2009

God is Truly Amazing!

On August 31, 2009 my brother-in-law Phil was in the hospital running a fever from the chemo treatment and was getting dialysis. A week later he was still in the hospital and all of his body had begun shutting down. The Friday before Labor Day the doctor came in and pretty much said to the family that Phil would probably not make it. They had done all they could for him. On the following Tuesday, he was sent to a hospice with little hope except the prayers from around the world that were going up on his behalf.

God truly worked a miracle! On the following Friday, Phil was up walking with a walker and was talking with everyone. On Saturday, he was allowed to leave the hospice for a time (2nd time in two days) to go home and spend some quality time with his family. He watched college football with his little brother.

Yesterday, my husband and I went to Phil's in-laws and spent time with him and the family. We even were able to continue the more recent tradition of going out to dinner with Phil, his wife and son. Phil shared last night an experience he had a few days before he went into the hospital. One evening he was laying in bed and began praying to God to heal him. He remembers vividly a voice saying to him something in Greek. (He has a degree in classic languages) He looked up the words when he woke up and it translated to "do not fear". It could have only been the Lord speaking to him telling him to not fear in the situation he was in.

Who knows what God has planned for Phil's life and nobody really knows how long we have here on earth. I do know that I will appreciate the time I have with my wonderful brother in-law. I also know that God answers prayers and in my opinion he has worked a miracle. God is truly amazing.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Amanda,
That is SO cool!
And I needed to hear that! How amazing and encouraging! Wow.