Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Season Begins


Today is the beginning of the deer season here in Georgia. Actually it is the beginning of the Archery season. I am not one who bow hunts although I did buy myself a bow when I received my Masters degree. During the summer it is just to hot to practice and then when it cools off it is either gun season or too windy.

The deer around the house have gotten there winter coats. They are no longer red in color. Mama doe lost one of her babies and has been more protective of her remaining off spring. The Fall is quickly approaching and I just love it when the cooler weather arrives. It also means the beginnng of college football which started last week.

Tonight I will be tapping both the Auburn and the Georgia game. As I write this short entry the Iowa Hawkeyes are beating the Iowa State Cyclones. It is nice to know that things are cyclical and even when things don't go right there is always a "do" over. I am glad that God gives me a do over everytime I ask for it. But just like everything in life I must try and learn from my mistakes. If mama deer doesn't learn from her mistake, she could loose her last offspring. If Auburn and Georgia do not make adjustments in a game thus learning from their mistakes they could easily loose there games.

No comments: