Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Watchful Keeper



These are my "boys". We have had our border collie, Seamus, for 14 years. He is now quickly approaching 16 years. Leon, our black cat, is three years old. Leon has taken over the role of watching over Seamus. Whenever Seamus is out, Leon is not very far away from him.

Last night, I let Seamus out when I arrived home but forgot to close the gate. Needless to say, he escaped and walked over to our neighbor's house for a visit. Leon after a few minutes wanted out and I thought nothing of it. A few minutes later, I went out looking for Seamus and could not find either of them. Knowing those two as I do, I began heading to the woods leading to our neighbor's house. I first spotted Leon who was running down hill after something. It of course was Seamus who he was keeping close track over.

It reminded me that while God gives us free will to make decisions and lead our own life, he is always there watching over us. We only need to turn to his word to ensure that we continue down the right path. Of course we have to choose to follow God's word. Like Seamus, only had to follow Leon to lead him home.

No comments: